Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Official...



 It's Fall!

As I was working on the computer, I looked up and saw the calendar.  That's when I suddenly realized that it was officially Fall yesterday.  Finally, the calendar has caught up with the weather!  It's an inspiring season!

Inspirational too for the guilt-free reading I've been doing.  I finished "Pride and Prejudice" yesterday, my first book on my Nook!  What a pleasure that was!  I was pleasantly surprised with the way the story turned out.  And like everyone else who has read the book, I started really liking Mr. Darcy!  I like how the author allows some of her characters to be so good and worth knowing!  I think I can begin to see why so many love her work.

I find it funny and without coincidence that the movie "You've Got Mail," which inspired me to read this book, was loosely based on "Pride and Prejudice!  Both characters in the movie had pride and prejudice to overcome, and like the book, they came to a happy ending!

Since I'm in the reading spirit and it's Fall, I'm going to take advantage of the timing and read "Dracula" by Bram Stoker next.  It's not a book I would be interested in reading except for the fact that it's a classic, it's coming up on that spooky time of year and it came free on my Nook!  So now while enough of my interest exists, I shall read!  Besides, it helps to divert my melancholy feelings over my garden!

Happy Fall Everyone!


1 comment: