Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Planting Peas

We had snow last week, which makes it hard to believe we are so warm this week!  Just take a look...


I've been meaning to get out to the garden to plant peas earlier this month.  Something must have short-circuited my brain, because I couldn't bring myself to get out there in the cold!  Now with the bees buzzing, flowers blossoming, and the sun shining brightly, who could resist?


My garlic is doing beautifully...



the rosemary...



...chives...



...sage, thyme and lavender are all doing well.  As I was watering them, the wonderfully pungent Mediterranean smells of these herbs wafted in the breeze.  A great reminder why I love to garden!



While I cultivated, planted and mulched, I was serenaded by quail calls!


 
A pleasant day in the life of a desert-dweller!



1 comment:

  1. It does seem as though spring has arrived here in Arizona! My fruit trees have all bloomed too. I just hope we don't end up with a late freeze this year like we have the past two years.
    Nice to "see" you! :)

    ReplyDelete