Friday, February 25, 2011

BRRRR!!!

It's been cold!  So cold that it snowed on us here on the desert mountain at about an elevation of 4500 feet!  The only way I can post these pics right now is with a nice big hot cup of tea!  So, bundle up as you join the tour!


February 19th, and the storm was just getting started.

 
I love this picture because of the band of sunlight on the distant hills.


Remember on my last walk-about I showed this beautiful Santa Rosa Prickly Pear?  Yep, it's the same one, nearly covered in a thick blanket of snow.  And those Agave?  Now they look like those colorful rubber spikey balls, only not as forgiving if you accidentally step on them!  Ouch!
But that Prickly Pear is the basis for a painting!


And this one.


And this one.


And this one.


Oh, you get the idea...


The kids enjoy the novelty of snow!


And so does a lone brave hen.


Back up at the house it begins snowing again.


Perfect weather for baking cookies, and...


...a cup of hot chocolate!


February 20th, more of the same!


Ooohhh!  Another painting....

1 comment:

  1. _Thank you for the snowy day-I'm missing AZ as I await the birth of a granddaughter (now 10 days overdue). Tomorrow is the day if she doesn't make an appearance tonight. I think you probably have another beautiful snow to enjoy with your handsome guys.

    ReplyDelete